Looking back, it’s safe to say 2015 was not the best year for retailers. Karmaloop filed for bankruptcy and many other companies struggled to maintain their edge as competition springs up from all sides. For store owners specializing in urban clothing , the pressure may intensify in the coming years, but there are ways to keep your business going.
Following the Trends
It sounds simple, but the retail shops with the hot goods are going to muscle out competitors in any economic climate. There are always customers willing to pay retail prices when a store’s selection gives them everything they want. Time is still money to consumers, so the store owners with more of the quality gear are going to win.
Following urban clothing trends is the best way to make sure your stores deliver for consumers. Take note of what the cool kids are wearing when they enter your stores. Likewise, don’t be afraid to show off some cutting-edge gear in the window. When your shop gets labeled as one of the hot spots for the latest streetwear, you have a chance to best your rivals.
Having a Wholesale Connection
You’ll need to stock the hottest goods to attract repeat customers, but finding quality streetwear at reasonable prices is never an easy thing to do. Some suppliers only have deals on tees and hoodies while others specialize in jeans or hats. Juggling a number of suppliers can be tough when you want to get your product on the shelves and website in a timely manner.
Look for the wholesale connection that supplies the full range of hip hop gear. Everything from hoodies and t-shirts to snapback hats and accessories should be available from one wholesale dealer. Once you find the right one, you’ll never need to waste time when you want to restock your stores.
If your selection of urban clothing is hurting, let Steal Deal get your shelves stocked with quality gear at the best prices. StealDeal.com will help your retail operation keep its edge. www.StealDeal.com.
It is never easy to spot the next fashion trends on the horizon. Looking backwards is almost the easiest way to go, as fashion’s cycles tend to return once a new generation wants its turn. As we look ahead to the trends we expect to hit in 2016, the most common thread is informal wear. High and low fashion is getting more casual. For storeowners on the hunt for wholesale hip hop clothing, that’s a good thing. Here are five streetwear trends to watch.
- Sportswear will keep on pushing. In 2015, we had the revival of brands like Fila and Umbro, labels that were last seen in the 1990s. Champion made an appearance of its own, keeping vintage stores and new retail shops on the lookout for sporty gear with classic logos. We expect 2016 to bring more of the same in this department.
- Jeans will be slashed even more. Ripped jeans could be seen wherever streetwear rules in 2015, and we expect that to go to a new level in 2016. What’s great about this trend is the DIY element. Expensive designer jeans are less likely to be cut up by someone. On the other hand, low-cost jeans are perfect for shredding.
- Distressed materials. Whenever Kanye makes a move, you can expect the fashion industry to respond. In this case, the debut of the Yeezy brand in New York forced designers to get more distressed shirts, pants and jackets into the machines. Faded and worn garments are not a new trend, but Kanye’s stamp of approval makes this trend a sure thing.
- Baseball caps. Have baseball caps ever gone out of style? It’s difficult to say, but the past year featured stars from the entertainment and fashion worlds in more caps than ever. By the look of things, beanies may take a back seat to the old-fashioned hat worn by the boys of summer. The good news is these caps are easy for any shop owner to stock in high volumes.
- More tracksuits than you would guess. It’s been years since hip hop crews sported track suits as their threads of choice, but the trend has picked up with groups from the UK and America avoiding high fashion for some old-school casual gear. As you shop around for wholesale hip hop clothing , don’t forget about this trend cycling back.
Shop Steal Deal to get the hottest wholesale streetwear while it’s still on your customers’ wish list. StealDeal.com is your source for hip hop apparel trending in 2016.
A trailer for the highly anticipated Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has been released!!
The three minute long clip premiered during Ben Affleck‘s appearance on ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel LiveWednesday night, and stars Ben as Batman and Henry Cavill as Superman.
In the film, Gotham City-based vigilante Batman travels to Metropolis to preemptively combat Superman, fearing what would happen if the latter is kept unchecked, while another threat endangers humankind.
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice also stars Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, Gal Gadot as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman, Diane Lane as Martha Kent, Laurence Fishburne as Perry White, among others. The film is set to open worldwide on March 25, 2016.
Check out the trailer below.